Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Science Experiment:Sound

Science experiment:

Question: What will happen to the sound if I cut the straw shorter and blow through it?

Links to research about Sound:

Hypothesis: (What do you think will happen?) e.g. I think that…. the sound will go higher

Materials needed:
straw - scissors

Experiment (procedure):
e.g. Step 1 - Get a straw and scissors  

Step 2 - cut the straw into a triangle shape. Blow air into cut end

Step 3 - listen to the sound it makes

Step 4 - cut the straw shorter

Step 5 - blow on the cut end

Data (What happened?

Straw Length
Sound
15cm
the sound was annoying
10 cm
Sound was very high pitch
5 cm
This was the most high pitch one. This short straw was the annoyest sound.

Observations:   
I first cut off 3 cm  the sound wasn’t loud enough. when I cut the straw up to 7 cm the sound goes. The sound was very squeaky like we watery shoes rubbing to the ground.
Conclusion:
I have noticed the sound went higher every time I cut off 5 cm of straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment